Security Solutions Architect
Adirondack Cabling and Security works with IT teams, architects, building owners, and technology consultants to provide first class structured cabling and electronic security solutions. For over 30 years Adirondack has served the New York Capital District and surrounding areas servicing the area’s largest commercial, government, and educational institutions.
Adirondack is looking for Security Solutions Architect to design complex integrated security systems including access control, video management systems, and cameras as well as estimate labor and material job costs. This position provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams and will act as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
- Values projects through product and installation cost estimates and creates scope documents
- With sales, operations and project managers, completes site walk-throughs to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards.
- Designs complex integrated systems including access control, video management systems, cameras, etc.
- Assists sales by providing project labor and equipment costs, counts, ensuring part number accuracy and assembling permit packages.
- Develops and maintains engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams.
- Provides operational and troubleshooting advice as needed.
- Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible.
- Facilitates project closure turnover meetings between assigned sales and operations employees.
- Stays abreast of and educates others on new product information.
- Represents Adirondack Security to community, professional and governmental groups including interaction with federal, state and local officials and professional organization representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical training preferred
- At least 4-5 years technical background in security applications, installation, project management and administration strongly desired
- Working knowledge of Lenel/S2/Axis/Exacq/Milestone/Door Locking Hardware products preferred
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to train others on product applications
- Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point
Paid Time Off (PTO)
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org